June 15th to August 7th
Hello, Camp High Hopes’ Campers, Friends, and Supporters!
We are excited to provide some fun at-home camp-themed activities via #CampHighHopesFromHome Imagining all that is Possible!
This summer, Camp High Hopes invites you to re-imagine Camp in 2020! Imagine fun. Imagine friendships. Imagine all that is possible. And while the summer isn’t exactly how we imagined it a few months ago, we are pleased to share an exciting summer program: Camp from Home -Imagining all that is Possible.
Camp isn’t just found in a physical location—it’s found in the community we create when campers who share the same day-to-day challenges come together. Our team is committed to providing community, positive memories for our campers and their families while we cannot gather in person.
We will celebrate each week-long summer camp and bring the joy of Camp to you through video activities, songs and stories, live events, and more! Our goal is for campers to learn the same values, skills, and life lessons they do when they come to Camp in-person.
We are missing our campers dearly, we want to connect with you this summer
This is Ippo the Hippo!!! Take a picture with our Camp Hippo when you do a fun camp/summer activity!!!
Use #CHHippoSmiles and/or #IppoTheHippo when you post to social media.
Here’s the schedule for this weeks Virtual Summer Camp!
Other Things Camp Has To Offer This Summer
- Visit Camp High Hopes with your family
- If you’re a special needs family and are looking for a wide open, private space to allow your family to get out into the sun, feel free to contact Stephen at (319)-480-6945 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to come out to camp. You must come with supervision for your children since camp is not providing care at this time. There is no charge to use our facilities.
- Camp Storytime
- Listen to young adult books by joining our Camp High Hopes Storytime Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/2982245862001912)
- Must be part of the group, but you can play videos anytime. Makes for a good bedtime story!
- Camp High Hopes Role Playing Games for our adventurous campers
- Tabletop roleplay games (RPGs) are games where individual players take on the role of characters in a fictional setting. The players make decisions and face different challenges as they work together to tell a story. The game is organized and run by the “Game Master” (GM). The GM provides the challenges, scenarios, and background information for the adventure, and acts out “Non-Player Characters” (NPCs), such as villagers, shopkeepers and, of course, the “bad guys,” who live in the fictional setting. In studies, Tabletop RPGs have been shown to reduce anxiety and depression, improve social skills, and are just plain fun! From beginners to advanced, all levels can play! If you are interested send Mycal an email at email@example.com. She will contact you with the details.
The joys of geocaching!
There are millions of geocaches hidden around the world—there are probably some near you right now. Get the free Official Geocaching app and start finding … https://www.geocaching.com/play
We cannot wait see and hear about all your adventures, comment below when you find the one located at Camp High Hopes!
Be sure to follow us on
Submit your own videos for our SPECTACULAR SPECTACULAR Talent Show
Please provide your Name + Brief Description of Your Talent.
By submitting a video you are agreeing to have your video published online for others to see!