Hands Together Smiles Together
Tips to plan and market your fundraising event
• Seek the help of friends and family: Getting help with an event will help you brainstorm creative ideas, divide the work and have more fun. This means you will be able to raise more money for Camp High Hopes.
• Crunch the numbers: In the early stages of planning, identify your expenses and potential sources of income and donations. Set a fundraising goal for your event.
• Keep expenses low: Keep your event expenses low by asking people to donate or discount event-related expense items such as venue rental fees, entertainment, decorations, food and beverages. Ask for donations for auction items and raffle prizes.
• Make a list, check it twice: Who will want to be involved in your event? Identify who those people are, how you want to get them involved, how you will ask them and if they will be available when you need them.
• Marketing: Much of your success will depend on how well you spread the word about your event and the number of people you invite. How do you plan to let people know about your event? The more ways you can get the word out, the better. (websites, facebook, twitter, links).
• Don’t forget to say thanks: Send letters to all of the supporters and volunteers that helped make your event a success. You will probably want their help again next year!
• Keep lists up-to-date: Having a list of your event contacts makes future planning much easier. Make sure all contact lists always have the most up-to-date information (e-mail, addresses and phone numbers).
• Mark your calendar: If you know the date for next year’s event, be sure to let everyone know as soon as possible so they can plan to attend!